Elizabeth Acevedo is a National Poetry Slam champion and her poems have been published or are forthcoming in Poetry, Puerto Del Sol, Callaloo, The Notre Dame Review and others. See Elizabeth Acevedo Author Study for essential questions:
- What is Elizabeth Acevedo's influence as a writer?
- What are the key themes of Elizabeth Acevedo's work?
- How do our various group identities shape us as individuals?
- What part do culture and history play in the formation of our individual and collective identities?
- How do our intersecting identities shape our perspectives and the way we experience the world?
- How do we remain true to ourselves as we move in and out of different communities, cultures and contexts?