Science scope and sequence: Grades 6-12
The 2015 Enhanced NYC Science Scope & Sequence is a revision of an earlier Scope & Sequence published in 2008. The Enhanced NYC Science Scope & Sequence includes the current NYS MST standards that all schools should continue to follow as well as new resources. During the school year 2018-2019, educators in grades 6-8 should use the new 2018 NYC PK-8 Scope & Sequence as awareness and professional learning tool for the NYSSLS, and use the 2015 Enhanced 6-12 Scope & Sequence to plan and deliver instruction.The new resources include:
- Alignment to the NGSS Science and Engineering Practices and the Cross-Cutting Concepts.
- Alignment to the Common Core Learning Standards in English Language Arts and the Common Core Learning Standards in Mathematics given the relevance between the skills needed in all three disciplines (ELA, Math, and Science).
- Alignment to the Excellence in Environmental Education: Guidelines for Learning (K–12) published by the North American Association of Environmental Education to support the environmental education of NYC students and to encourage them to find innovative solutions to environmental problems and issues in their communities.
- The New York State Education Law, Article 17, Section 809 (Instructions for the Humane Treatment of Animals) and Section 810 (Conservation Day)
- The Reference Tables that are used most often in Regents science courses are included (in the Grades 6–12 Scope & Sequence only).
This resource is also included in these collections:
Scope and sequence: Science
This is a collection of the two science scope and sequence documents, produced in June, 2015. Together, they include descriptions of all of the science units from kindergarten through 8th grade plus all of the Regents science courses. During the school year 2018-2019, educators in grades 6-8 should use the new 2018 NYC PK-8 Scope & Sequence as awar...
More Resources like Science scope and sequence: Grades 6-12