Public version: Reading with power and passion - resources to support independent reading
This book provides samples of materials to support educators as they implement or enhance independent reading in their classrooms or schools.The book includes resources on:
- Research on independent reading
- Reading structures and routines & tools to support implementation
- Building and organizing classroom libraries
- Conferring, guided reading, and small group work
- Assessing student progress
Access a version compatible with assistive technology and screen-readers.
This resource is also included in these collections:
English Language Arts
Independent reading instructional supports including strategies, tools, handouts, assessments, rubrics, conferring supports and tools for setting up independent reading routines and systems. This collection can be used in collaboration with Reading with Power and Passion--Resources to Support Independent Reading.