NYCDOE version: Reading with power and passion - resources to support independent reading
This book provides samples of materials to support educators as they implement or enhance independent reading in their classrooms or schools.The book includes resources on:
- Research on independent reading
- Reading structures and routines & tools to support implementation
- Building and organizing classroom libraries
- Conferring, guided reading, and small group work
- Assessing student progress
Access this version for individuals with disabilities.